CeBIT Global Conferences the world's most important IT Congress
07.12.2009: CeBIT 2010 Hannover , 2 to 6 March
* Leaders of the ICT sector on new opportunities in a changing world
* More than 30 top speakers expected to participate in 5-day program
CeBIT 2010 Hannover , 2 to 6 March
* Leaders of the ICT sector on new opportunities in a changing world * More than 30 top speakers expected to participate in 5-day program
Within the space of just three years CeBIT Global Conferences have developed into the world's leading IT congress. When the next round takes place from 2-6 March 2010, the conferences will again attract the top people in the ICT sector with talks and discussions about the opportunities and prospects offered by a world in flux. Accordingly, the slogan of the Congress is: "The challenges of a changing world - ICT for better lives and better business". For the first time since its inception CeBIT Global Conferences will remain open on the Saturday of the trade fair under the title "@ music: About Artists, Consumers and Pirates".
More than 30 top-flight speakers from across the globe will be taking part in CeBIT Global Conferences 2010. These are important figures who have helped shape and influence the digital age, among them the CTO of the gigantic online company amazon, the founder of the photo portal Flickr.com, the COO of software giant Microsoft as well as the co-owner of the music label Peppermint Jam and producer of the big international hit "Sex bomb".
Each day of the conference program is dedicated to a different keynote theme. On the first day of CeBIT, Tuesday March 2, the speakers will address the idea of "Challenges as Opportunities". Speakers will include Prof. August-Wilhelm Scheer, President of Germany's high-tech industry association BITKOM, Dieter Schweer, member of the managing board of the BDI (Association of German Industry) and Dr. Werner Vogels, Vice President of Worldwide Architecture and CTO of amazon.com.
The keynote theme on the second day of CeBIT, Wednesday March 3, is "Smart Business 2020". The speakers are Thomas Balgheim; Chairman of the managing board of Cirquent, Diane M. Bryant, Vice President and CIO of Intel; Stephen J. Felice, President of Dell's SME division; Suhas Gopinath, CEO and chairman of Globals Inc., as well as the "World's Youngest CEO" and "Young Global Leader" designated by the World Economic Forum in Davos; Jon Iwata, Senior Vice President of IBM's Marketing & Communications; Natalya Kaspersky, Chair of Kaspersky Labs; Dr. Dietmar Straub, CEO of KraussMaffei; Karl-Heinz Streibich, Chairman of the Board of Software AG; Rob Tarkoff, Senior Vice President of Adobe; and Hartmut Wagner, SVP Worldwide of Iron Mountain Digital.
On Thursday, March 4, the keynote theme will be "Consumer Electronics & Mobile Solutions". The speakers addressing this issue will be Dr. Robert Epstein, President of Creativity International; Jan Geldmacher, Managing Director of Vodafone D2 and Board Member of Vodafone commercial enterprise; Adolfo Hernandez, President EMEA of Alcatel-Lucent; Russ Shaw, General Manager EMEA and General Manager Mobile of Skype, as well as B. Kevin Turner, COO of Microsoft.
On Friday, March 5, ICT experts will be turning their attention to the keynote theme of CeBIT 2010 "Connected Worlds". The impressive list of speakers includes: Anand Agarawala, founder of Bump Technologies and inventor of the first 3D desktop; Stewart Butterfield, co-founder of Flickr.com; Ralf Gerbershagen, Vice President of Motorola, Western Europe; John Ham, CEO and founder of ustream.com, the leading platform for live videocasts; Mark Kingdon, CEO of Linden Lab (Second Life); Conrad Wolfram, founder and managing director of Wolfram Research Europe and WolframAlpha - the intelligent search machine.
For Saturday, March 6, 2010, the organizers of CeBIT Global Conferences have been able to get some influential people from the international music industry to talk about trends and innovations in the age of the Internet. Mark Chung, Chairman of the Board of the VUT (German Association of Independent Music Companies) and ex-bass player with the rock band "Einstürzende Neubauten", Ibrahim Evsan, founder of Sevenload, Joachim Franz, Vice President of Musicload at Deutsche Telekom and Stefan Peter Roos, Managing Director of Proud Music, will be discussing the impact of technology on the music industry in a special panel discussion.
In a concluding talk round, a special guest, Germany's best-known music producer Mousse T., will give his views on how musicians and pop stars can make a living in the future and the new business models that will shape tomorrow's music industry.
The CeBIT Global Conferences in the Convention Center at the Hannover Exhibition Grounds are organized jointly by BITKOM and Deutsche Messe AG. The lectures and panel discussions are geared to the interests of decision-makers from the ICT industry, users from industry and any professionals or other persons with a direct or indirect interest in the keynote themes. The conference language is English. Participation is free to all visitors attending CeBIT 2010. Further details about the program and speakers at the CeBIT Global Conferences can be found online at www.cebit.de/cgc. About CeBIT
CeBIT is the world's leading trade show for the digital industry. The spotlight is on ICT solutions for all areas of work and life. Since 1986 Deutsche Messe AG has staged CeBIT in Hannover every year in the spring. Under the motto "Connected Worlds" CeBIT 2010 (2 to 6 March) will present the following display categories: Business IT, Green IT, Internet & Mobile Solutions, Webciety, Destination ITS, TeleHealth, Security, Banking & Finance, Communications, ICT Infrastructure and Planet Reseller. Spain will be the "Partner Country" at CeBIT 2010. Further information is available at www.cebit.de.
CeBIT 2010 Hannover , 2 to 6 March * New online portal developed by and for the CeBIT target audience * www.cebit.de/push carries expert opinions, interviews and reports from the workplaceThe leading trade fair for the digital industry is launching its online weiter >>
HANNOVER MESSE 2010, 19 to 23 * NEW: special display 'Technology Cinema 3D' * NEW: live presentation of 3D technologies in Hall 17
Under the umbrella of HANNOVER MESSE 2010 (19 to 23 April) the trade show "Digital Factory" (Hall 17) will focus on the topic of visualization. In so doing it will reflect current develop weiter >>
* International Trade Fair for Modern Factory/Process Automation Technology and Equipment (FA/PA) from 12-15 May 2010 at the Beijing China International Exhibition CenterThe FA/PA (International Exhibition of Modern Factory/Process Automation Technology and Equipment) is a successful trade event with a strong, long-standing name in the automation sector. Since its p weiter >>
* First port of call for CeBIT keynote topic: "Connected Worlds" * "Connected Living Topic" Day on 3 March at future talk forum * Connected Living video podcast at www.cebit.de/connectedliving_e "Connected Worlds" - the keynote weiter >>
Deutsche Messe AG has embarked on the next stage of its strategy of international expansion and recently established a subsidiary in Japan. "This move marks an extension of our activities in one of the world's most important markets and is an important step towards further developing our international network," explained Dr. Andreas Gruchow, member of the Board at Deutsche Messe AG in Hannover. weiter >>
* Opened by the Energy Ministers of the Republic of Turkey and Switzerland * RENEX 2009 Renewable Energy Fair puts the focus on Turkey and renewable energy * Trade show for clean energy attracts 17,258 registered visitorsRENEX -the Renewable Energy Fair organized by Hannover Messe-Sodex - took place weiter >>
DOMOTEX HANNOVER 2010, 16 to 19 January * Exhibition at contractworld in Hall 4DOMOTEX HANNOVER 2010 - the leading international trade fair for carpets and floor coverings - will see the addition of a new display category "Ceramic tiles". Tile manufacturers focussing on contract business will be able to showcase their latest range of ti weiter >>
CeBIT 2010, 2 to 6 March * Germany's best-known music producer as guest speaker * Video podcast with Mousse T. at www.cebit.de/cgc_moussetWhen the CeBIT Global Conferences get underway on Saturday, 6 March 2010, Germany's best-known music producer Mous weiter >>
.... Entry deadline: 20 November 2009CeBIT 2010, 2 to 6 MarchCeBIT is responding to the growing trend in favor of free and open source software by making "Open Source" a major display category from 2 to 6 March 2010 in Hall 2. To provide young enterprises with an opportunity to showcase themselves before an international audience, weiter >>
* Business IT helps enterprises emerge from crisis * New: Enterprise Application World in Hall 5To boost their competitiveness, a growing number of companies are investing again in state-of-the-art IT systems. This trend is confirmed by the latest survey on IT trends conducted by consulting and IT service provider Capgemini weiter >>
* New location for the CeBIT reseller hub in Halls 14/15 * New conference center with workshops and training sessions * Many new exhibitorsShort distances, better accessibility: Planet Reseller will be moving to Halls 14/15 for CeBIT 2010, taking its rightful place at the heart of the action. A weiter >>
HANNOVER MESSE 2010, 19 to 23 April * World's most important technology event features nine flagship fairs * NEW: "MobiliTec" - international trade fair for mobility technologies * NEW: "CoilTechnica" - international trade fair for coil winding, transformer and electric motor technology weiter >>
* 1,687 exhibitors attend leading trade fairs in Asia * Special themed area reflects market developments * Two leading trade fairs defy economic downturn with show of strength Chalking up an increase both in the number of exhibitors and in rented display space, the trade fair combination of PTC weiter >>
CeBIT 2010, 2 to 6 March * New topics and target-group-specific applications * Free advice at the "Green IT Consulting Office" * Business focus: "Smart Infrastructure" and "Green IT Meets Business" * Consumer focus: "Green IT @ Home"The issues of cost cutting and en weiter >>
HANNOVER MESSE 2010, 19 to 23 April * Turkish Minister of Energy Taner Yildiz opens the fair * 4th Turkish-German Symposium on Energy is run contemporaneouslyOn 5th November, RENEX 2009 international fair for renewable energies opens for a four-day run at the Expo Center in Istanbul, Turkey. For many exhibitors a weiter >>
* Vietnam's leading industrial show closes on a high note * Exhibitors extremely pleased with outcomeThe gates to the Saigon Exhibition & Convention Center in Ho-Chi-Minh City have closed on Vietnam's leading industrial show, EPM LINKAGE Vietnam, after three successful days of business. The main display categories were weiter >>
* webciety.de to become Web(so)ciety's home base * New "WebcietyWiki" directory to contain key Web players Having been launched as a keynote theme at CeBIT 2009, the Webciety has established itself as the epitome of our integrated society. And now the Webciety is getting a new homepage: weiter >>
CeBIT 2010, 2 to 6 March * New: E-Learning Trend Forum in November 2009 * E-learning and knowledge management are growth markets From 2 to 6 March 2010 leading suppliers of digital learning and knowledge management solutions will present their latest products and services in Hall 6 at CeBIT. Located in the i weiter >>
CeBIT 2010, 2 to 6 March * Networked business means better business for SMEs * CeBIT SME Studio 2010 reveals how only excellence can prevail * CeBIT SME initiative to reach more SME decision-makers than everNetworked businesses are bringing a new dynamic to small and medium-sized enterpris weiter >>
* International trade show for the forestry, wood and furniture industriesFEMADE 2010, the International Fair for Machinery, Equipment and Products for Extraction and Industrialization of Wood and Furniture in Brazil, will be organized for the first time next year by Hannover Fairs South America Ltda, a subsidiary of Deutsche Messe AG. This is in line with Deu weiter >>
At a glance Duration:Monday, 7 June to Saturday, 12 June 2010Opening hours:Daily from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.Admission prices:Advance sales and Ticket officeSingle admission 18.00 EURFull-event ticket&n weiter >>
Raue: "Preparations for CeBIT 2010 already in full swing." * Innovations from ICT sector enable user industries * Expanded content and new target groupsWith just five months to go before the opening of CeBIT 2010, Deutsche Messe says the event is right on target: "Preparations for CeBIT 2010 are already in full s weiter >>
Greenhouse gas spawns pharmaceutical raw materialAlgae can perform great services when it comes to reducing concentrations of greenhouse gases. And micro-algae are particularly well suited to such environmentally beneficial actions as they work extremely effectively. Furthermore, the algae that German researchers from the state of Saxony-Anhalt will be bringing with weiter >>
CeBIT 2010, 2 to 6 March * Webciety now next to Internet & Mobile Solutions * New focus topics: Internet TV, e-commerce and content managementThe Internet industry will write the next chapter of its success story at CeBIT 2010, where every facet of digital business will be showcased in Hall 6 from 2 to 6 Marc weiter >>
12. Chengdu Motor Show schließt mit Rekorden: so viele Aussteller und Besucher wie nie zuvor - Automobilmesse etabliert sich als eine der vier größten in China
Die Deutsche Messe AG, Hannover, bleibt mit ihrem Asien-Engagement auf weiter >>
...for next generation health services * TeleHealth conference to run for the first time over all five days * Special "FutureCare" platform features new keynotesIn 2010 TeleHealth, the leading international trade show for digital medicine, will boast an extended program for exhibitors and trade show visitors. The weiter >>
* New international trade fair for commercial real estate in Hamburg * REAL ESTATE NORTH expands product portfolio of Deutsche Messe * Exhibition offerings to include commercial real estate in northern and northeastern Europe, with special focus on logisticsDeutsche Messe AG is expanding its product portfo weiter >>
DOMOTEX HANNOVER 2010, 16 to 19 January * Competition for Outstanding Design in Handmade Carpets * Closing date for entries: 6 November 2009 * Prizes worth a total of EUR 10,000With a sense of major excitement in the air, a highly attentive audience and standing ovations for the visi weiter >>
DOMOTEX HANNOVER 2010, 16 to 19 January * Second European Competition for Interior Furnishing Trades * Entrants from Germany, Austria, Switzerland and ItalyDOMOTEX HANNOVER 2010 is hosting the second European Competition for the Interior Furnishing Trades. During the two-day competition young interior furnishers weiter >>
* Deutsche Messe and Hannover Marketing und Tourismus GmbH join forces to offer an accommodation booking service
From now on it will be even faster and easier for exhibition visitors and tourists to book a hotel in the Hannover region. From October 1, some 140 hotels in the region will be marketed via a single source. Deut weiter >>
28th German Firefighting Convention (7 to 13 June) to have strong European focusMany things will be different in the united Europe of the future. By the time the Treaty of Lisbon comes into force, majority decisions among the 27 member states will be responsible for determining EU policy. This throws a completely new light on the advocacy of national or particular i weiter >>
CeBIT 2010, 2 to 6 MarchCeBIT organizers anticipate opportunities for growth The organizers of CeBIT are anticipating fresh opportunities for growth as a result of the introduction of a new major topic area and positive feedback on the international ICT market. "We have already received confirmations from major ICT companies and international corporate gr weiter >>
* Tenth anniversary of leading international trade fair * Parallel event focused on satellite communications will create valuable synergies benefiting both exhibitors and visitorsCeBIT Bilisim Eurasia is now in its tenth year. The leading trade fair for information and telecommunications technology in the Eurasian market is weiter >>
Die deutsche IT- und Telekom-Branche und die CeBIT ernennen Spanien zum offiziellen Partnerland 2010. 'Spanien ist einer unserer wichtigsten Außenhandelspartner und unter den Top 5 der europäischen Hightech-Märkte', sagte weiter >>
* Disaster relief and firefighting face new hurdlesEmergency relief organizations are confronted by some major new challenges, forcing them to consider a fundamental realignment. The changed framework not only necessitates new, transnational thinking, but above all increased investment in equipment and training.
According to the German Fir weiter >>
* Economics Minister Rösler replaces ex-Minister Hirche as Lower Saxony representative on Board
Hannover's Lord Mayor Stephan Weil is the new Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Hannover-based Deutsche Messe. weiter >>
* Deutsche Messe to stage four new industrial trade fairs in Moscow in September 2010Deutsche Messe Hannover is to launch four new industrial tradeshows in Moscow in fall 2010 as part of its ongoing international expansion program. The tradeshows - MDA RUSSIA, Industrial Automation RUSSIA, Surface RUSSIA, and CeMAT RUSSIA - will go under the paren weiter >>
LI²SA puts fine dust under scrutinyIn Germany's cities, this summer is once again likely to herald levels of fine dust that exceed the given thresholds. At HANNOVER MESSE 2009, researchers from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg are introducing LI²SA, the newly developed nanoparticle sensor that aims to reveal more about these dangerous little dust parti weiter >>
100% cyberspace - Virtual robots make virtual carsVirtual robots making virtual cars? Not as strange as it sounds! The Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics (ITWM) is demonstrating a simulation program at HANNNOVER MESSE 2009 which checks to see whether all the components to be assembled can actually be put together without any problems. The newly develope weiter >>
Infrared thermography: outer beauty provides no guaranteesA wind power turbine's rotor blades can look perfect and flawless upon visual inspection, but faults are often located in deeper layers and are not visible to the naked eye. The Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute for Wood Research (WKI) has developed an infrared thermography method for such testing and wil weiter >>
BIOTECHNICA 2009, 6 to 8 October * Strong focus on new business, business development and knowledge transfer * Bio-informatics as a major trend * Premiere of BioITWorld Europe Conference * New "Bone-tec 2009" congress on modern techniques for bone regeneration weiter >>
... offers new career opportunities for engineers and technical professionalsThe Job & Career Market is an integral part of HANNOVER MESSE. It is a large-scale recruitment center for both visitors and exhibitors that brokers direct contacts between job-seekers and prospective employers and offers speaking events, helpful advice and, of course, loads of jobs. Loc weiter >>
- tomorrow's technologies opening doors in today's crisis * 15th Group Exhibit Hydrogen + Fuel Cells (H2+FC), Europe's largest hydrogen and fuel cell expo * 148 Exhibitors from 22 nations in Energy Hall 13, Booth G 66 * Fuel cell-powered vehicles in the Ride + Drive outdoor area  weiter >>
Factory Automation - Control and visualization in a single toolIn accordance with a clearly defined vision and the new standard IEC 61499, nxt Control says it has developed a new concept for engineering open, distributed systems. The company will be demonstrating how distributed control systems and the associated visualization in an engineering tool can be planned a weiter >>
Minor programming error - major production problemEven very minor programming errors can have serious consequences for production - such as recurring faults in a car part. Often, the quality problems are discovered far too late and the causes cannot be properly diagnosed and localized. At HANNOVER MESSE 2009 (the Hannover Fair, 20 to 24 April), the Fraunhofer Instit weiter >>
LIGNA HANNOVER 2009, 18 to 22 May * Over 1,700 exhibitors expected at the world's biggest tradeshow for the forestry and wood industries * Focus on efficient resources management * Extremely high level of international participation * Increased advertising activitie weiter >>
HANNOVER MESSE 2009, 20 to 24 April * Spotlight focuses on Partner Country's solution-driven technology and advanced industrial capacityKorea has opened the doors to its huge pavilion of corporate booths and cultural displays at this year's HANNOVER MESSE. A total of 210 Korean companies will take part to demon weiter >>
* Jury nominates five companies for prestigious international technology prizeThe HERMES AWARD 2009 attracted entries from over 70 companies. From this pool of talent an independent jury headed by Dr. Wolfgang Wahlster, Executive Director of the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI), has selected five nominees. The HERMES AWARD weiter >>